Shelter is the task of a house’s exterior shell: the roofing, siding, windows, doors and related components that provide a barrier between indoors and outdoors.
Today’s houses are designed to provide somewhat semi-transparent shelter–the comfort and safety of enclosure without the feeling of being “closed in.” To this end, houses incorporate plenty of windows, doors and skylights to bring in natural light, views and a sense of connection with the outdoors.
Roofing, a key part of the house’s shell, consists of several components. Finish roofing, roofing felt, and sheathing–in concert with flashing and gutters–create the waterproof surface.
Exterior walls are faced on the outside with some type of durable siding. Beneath the siding, there is often building paper or a house wrap and, depending on the kind of siding, sheathing. Insulation provides an additional barrier to the movement of heat through a wall.
When the exterior of your home falls into disrepair, call Skyline to get a free service estimate today.
- Protecting your home from the elements. Skyline will do a free comprehensive 25 point inspection of your homes exterior. Once completed we will be able to inform you about potential problems you will be expecting as the seasons come. We will present a report discussing the recommended solutions and costs of these services.
- Moss is a fact of life in the Pacific Northwest, and can be detrimental to the life of your roof. The first thing to remember when considering the removal of moss, Skyline is fully qualified to analyze the moss conditions on and around your home and provide the most effective removal and prevention methods.
Dry Rot Repair
- In the case of Dry Rot many home owners are not aware of its presence. When Skyline inspects for dry rot, we begin with assessment and analysis in the most comprehensive fashion designed by industry leading professionals. Our repair and restoration methods are fully guaranteed to insure you that your home has the best protection available anywhere.
- Preventive maintenance is a mandatory service your home needs in order to avoid problems before they start. We consider it to be more critical than even caring for your yard, the roof is by far more expensive to replace, et few people give their roof a second look. A one day treatment for your homes roof can save you from future problems.
Restoration and Leak Repairs
- Fires can generally destroy not only the home but the roof as well. Our complete post fire or fallen tree analysis will provide the best possible solution to restore your roof to its original condition. Missing shingles lead to leaks. And leaks can form quickly, sometimes even overnight. Skyline is available 24 hours a day to patch and repair leaks in your roof. Call us now to have a same day quote.